Welcome to the City of Brotherly Love! We are delighted to host CGA-IGC 2024 in Philadelphia, one of America’s most historic cities. Check out the top 5 must-see sights in Philly to make the most of your visit:
- Independence National Historical Park: This park is home to some of the most important historical sites in the United States, including Independence Hall, where the Declaration of Independence and the United States Constitution were debated and adopted. The Liberty Bell, a symbol of American freedom, is also located within the park.
- Philadelphia Museum of Art and the Rocky Steps: The Philadelphia Museum of Art is one of the largest art museums in the United States, featuring an extensive collection of art from various periods and cultures. The “Rocky Steps” in front of the museum gained fame from the movie “Rocky,” and visitors often reenact the famous run up the steps.
Photo by R. Kennedy for Visit Philadelphia
- Reading Terminal Market: A bustling and diverse public market, Reading Terminal Market offers a wide variety of food options, fresh produce, and artisanal goods. It’s a great place to experience Philadelphia’s culinary scene and explore the local flavors.
© Michael Moran/OTTO
- The Barnes Foundation: This art museum is known for its impressive collection of post-impressionist and early modern paintings. The Barnes Foundation showcases works by artists such as Renoir, Cézanne, Matisse, and Picasso in a unique and carefully curated display.
- Eastern State Penitentiary: A former prison turned museum, Eastern State Penitentiary offers a haunting and fascinating look into the history of the American penal system. Visitors can explore the cellblocks, learn about the prison’s innovative architecture, and hear stories about its notorious inmates like Al Capone, whose cell is pictured above.